We’ll earn your trust. Every day.
How We Work With Business Decision-Makers
The Pension Inc. retirement plan service team is committed to our customer first approach to helping our clients meet their goals. We provide recordkeeping and administrative services to 401(k), cross-tested and age-based profit sharing, safe harbor opportunities, and cash balance plans. We can help you start a new retirement plan, update your plan to the latest options, or provide corrective services to a plan that may have fallen out of compliance. Our commitment to service means that plans sponsors can focus on their business while we focus on ours – maintenance of a compliant and efficient retirement plan.
The Retirement Plan
An effective retirement plan can help give you many advantages:
- Attract, retain, and reward sought-after employees
- Save time while focusing on your business
- Take care of the people that take care of your business
We believe that a retirement plan is one of the most important benefits that you can offer your employees. That is why it is important to work with professionals who are experienced in retirement plan design and administration.
We understand that successful retirement outcomes begin with an effective plan. Pension Inc. offers customized plan design that results in a solution that works for all involved.
We help evaluate client staffing to ensure that robust features like automatic enrollment, auto escalation, and “stretching” matching contributions will not only maximize employee participation, but will move employees toward the ultimate goal of the plan—a comfortable retirement.
Third Party Administration Services
As Third Party Administrator, we provide…
- Dedicated Pension Inc Account Executive for the Plan
- Fast and courteous answers to employer and employee questions
- Complete retirement plan consulting
- Determination of plan eligibility, vesting and contributions
- Clear and concise reporting of allocations
- Non-discretionary Trustee (Co-Fiduciary) services
- Plan education and communication including employee presentations (if requested)
- Technical administration, required governmental filings and regulatory compliance
Role of a TPA (Third Party Administrator):
Pension Inc. provides a dedicated account executive to each plan. That lead consultant manages all the details involved in annual administration, including census review, compliance testing, distribution and loan processing, and tax reporting.
Additionally, your plan expert is responsible for providing you with clear and concise reporting, effective plan education, and ongoing technical consulting.
A fiduciary role is essentially one of transparency and accountability. It represents a position of trust and the responsibility to act in ways that benefit others with care and loyalty. A fiduciary acts solely in the interest of plan participants and their beneficiaries, ensures that only reasonable and necessary expenses are attributed to the plan, adheres to the terms of the plan document and oversees that appropriate and diversified investments are included in the plan.
In select plan arrangements, Pension Inc. will partner with the plan sponsor as a fiduciary, ensuring that the federal mandates contained in ERISA (Employee Retirement Income Security Act) are met.
Pension Inc. will serve as a Trustee without investment authority or discretion (Non-Discretionary Trustee). Our services include cash management, distribution processing, loan administration, and 1099-R reporting.
Non-Discretionary Trustee provides these key benefits:
- We assume shared fiduciary liability under ERISA
- We will serve as the plan contact to the IRS and DOL in the event of audit and information requests
- A third party Trustee provides reassurance to an organization that retirement dollars are held by an outside source
- Organization is relieved of the need to provide an internal Trustee source